Thursday, March 20, 2014

Waterfront Park.









It's one of our places we love to go for a good stroll.  The long pier stretches out underneath the Ravenel bridge and into the Charleston Harbor.  Sunsets here are amazing over the water.  The boys love to run wild through the park.  We often meet Chad here after a long day at work for a picnic dinner.  Some weekends if we are really adventurous, we walk the bridge and look for dolphins.  The bridge itself is sort of famous, says my structural-engineer-brother-in-law.  For me, this is the kind of place I can come and just be still.  The kind of place where I can take a minute to breathe and listen.  I remember distinctly a certain day in November, the first year we lived here, Griff and I went for a sunset walk along the pier.  Chad was at home studying for finals and I was about 37 weeks pregnant, about to go into labor any second with Avett.  I remember relishing that walk, thinking about how this would be the last time I would have just one baby with me.  We watched the orange and red sun go down over the harbor as I waddled along half way chasing, half way carrying 18 month old Griff.  We have come here many times since then and every time I feel lucky.  Lucky that this is the place where we get to live, if only for a short time.  Charleston, I really love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...